Moderator: iheartaiba

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:38 pm

forror wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:33 pm
I was just browsing through the forum and saw the news of 5x20. (Yay!) But I'm having a silly reaction of almost being repelled by that title; the characters don't look as (aesthetically) pleasing as 5x10. It's all 2's fault. I feel like a crazy twerp right now.

:D
Can't unsee it now.

Arashi's anniversary was yesterday! Yay! I thought there would be waaay more articles and blog posts than I saw... Maybe around their tour?
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:42 pm

I thought I would see more, but for some reason their 20th anniversary doesn't seem as big a deal as their 10th and 15th anniversary. To me, 10 years is like a mile marker. They made it this far and it gives everyone a chance to look back on the years to see how far they've gone. 15 years is major because they're still around and it's a little more cathartic. 20 years just makes them seem like old men. XD I think 25 years is another major year. That's just how I feel.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Hitting 10 years was really something, I agree.

I only now found out Tackey & Tsubasa disbands :( I kinda expected it 'cause they've been on hiatus for a looooong time, but a part of me was still hoping they'd come back. They are, after all, my first JE love. I hope Tsubasa's health improves and that Tackey doesn't just stick behind the scenes in the future. (How about another VS Arashi visit? :D)
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:20 am

How's everyone doing? I've been really busy lately, getting soaked in the rain nearly everyday, I have terrible leaks in my ceiling, and now my brother had his first top level art expo and I haven't posted anything in a while.

Arashi anniversary is, funny enough, the date of Mexico's Independence. I think I've never mentioned that in Aibakaland. XD I do like how 5x20 looks, but somehow it also doesn't seem too special for me. I blame it on the Blast in Hawaii for being extra special.

So first SMAP and now Tackey & Tsubasa. O_O And I somehow thought for a very long time that JE bands never disbanded. Maybe because of NEWS, where like, everyone leaves but NEWS is still a thing. :o Maybe I'm weird.