Moderator: iheartaiba

pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Re: Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:43 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:47 pm
Sorry for disappearing, I went to visit my family. While it was nice to see everyone (except mother...), the trip sure was exhausting and I'm happy to be back home.
I've been gone for a few days, too. It wasn't planned though. Tragedy struck my family this past week, but I am glad to see not much has changed here since last week. Or should I? That's almost sad.

keioboylove wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:35 pm
*Busts in after long, unplanned hiatus*
Would one of those fans happen to be me?!😁😁
Would totally meet up sometime!

Aaaaaanddd I'm so far behind in Arashi world right now, I don't even know where to start 😣😣

Missed you all!!
I've imagined myself bursting into the Meijer there in Kalamazoo and just yelling out your username in the bakery section, but I'm sure Kalamazoo has more than one Meijer.

If you're all wondering what I mean by "tragedy", my dad passed away suddenly last week. He had a stroke and was rushed to the hospital by the paramedics. That hospital said they were too small and did not have the equipment to help him, so they transferred him to a bigger hospital in a bigger city. There, the doctors did a CT and they found no brain activity. From then, my dad was only breathing by the help of machines and it wasn’t long before he was declared brain dead. His time of death was 9:15pm on January 16th. My dad is able to donate his organs through Gift of Life. I’m really happy that he is able to give to those who are in need because he has been in the same boat before. His funeral is on Wednesday at 1pm, and the visitations are Tuesday from 3-8pm and Wednesday at 11am until the funeral. I've been taking a hiatus from most social media for the time being to be with my family and to just keep myself under control and pay attention to the things that really matter, like life. I will be off here again for a few more days, so I'll see you guys in a few. Take care.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:05 am

@pknumba1
I'm sorry for your loss :crying: This must be so hard for you. *hugs*
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:31 am

Pk, I am so sorry to hear that. :hug: I know how hard it is to lose one of your parents, but I really value how you talk about donating his organs. He'll be so important to the people he helps, and somehow, a piece of him will live on.

I hope you get better, but it's ok if you're really sad right now. It's normal and it's part of the process of healing. I wish you the best. :hug:
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:18 pm

Thanks everyone. A lot of people have told me how sorry they are, and over time I grew to be not sad anymore. I know my dad is doing so much better than he was before. I believe that he has a brand new body and is running around in heaven like he's always wanted. I bet he's even playing football up there! My dad had type one diabetes and has had it since he was 14 years old. I've always known my dad to have diabetes. There were times when his sugar level would drop and I would think this would be the last time I see my dad. I feel more at peace and relieved that my dad has passed on finally because he's not suffering nor is he sick anymore! So when people say, "I'm sorry about your dad." I've just learned to say "thank you", because all in all I'm not sorry. Mostly I don't know what to say other than thank you.

One of the highlights from his funeral was at the end of the service when the family was following him out in his coffin to the hearse and someone played the song from scene from Star Wars when Luke and Han were getting their medals. Nobody knew that was coming and nobody planned it, but it fit my dad so well because he loved Star Wars. So instead of looking somber and sad, everyone started chuckling and laughing as we followed dad out of the sanctuary.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:53 pm

^ I'm glad to hear you're doing okay. It's fine to be sad, but that doesn't mean it's the only way to cope with someone passing away. It sounds like you have beautiful memories of your dad and that's great.

How is everyone doing? Other than being in shock after today's Arashi news.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:14 am

We're supposed to get a huge snow storm tomorrow and of course, I have to work. >:( >:( There's going to be 8 to 12 inches of snow and it will be snowing all day while I'm gone. I am getting up earlier to give myself more time, but I'm not super worried about getting back home in time. I plan on going slow and taking my time. I'm also worried about Wednesday. It's supposed to be COLD!! The high is going to be -1 (-18), which means it will be COLDER in the morning. I don't have to work that day and for that I am grateful. Man this week is going to be hard on me.
arashinki
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by arashinki » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:42 pm

I try to positively accept Arashi's hiatus news. Spend my days re-watching their varieties again
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:38 pm

^ I may do that, I may not. I might just try to plunge ahead and not look back.
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:35 pm

@pknumba1 - I wish you all the best, and what a lovely tribute!

--------------------

Despite recent forecasts - dating back to December - of blizzards and instagram stories capturing snowy scenes, I have yet to see a single speck of now this year. Even though I have been travelling up and down the country.

With regards to Arashi, I'm more in awe of their passion and resolve to stick to a single path for more than 20 years, especially one that stemmed from a choice they made as young teens. Although my parents' generation won't bat an eyelid at this, being in the spotlight is a whole other ballgame, let alone one that imposes so much restricions as the Asian idol industry. At least some of their senpais, such as V6 (and I'm guessing TOKIO is heading thiis way as well?), are given a better work-life balance.

As much as I adore Riida - and as part of Arashi - I'm surprised the guy hasn't sold his house/flat and been living off a boat yet, complete with his pop-up bakery. But their considered approach and honesty in the announcement speaks volumes about the respect the guys have for one another.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:01 pm

It was quite cold here for a while and then we started to get more and more snow. It's not too cold anymore but it's still snowing quite often. I wish it wasn't cloudy every day. I get bad headache when it's so grey...

My oldest niece is currently staying at my place. She has behaved surprisingly well, I'm pleased :) Next week the middle one of my youngest sisters comes for a visit. Busy busy busy~
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:33 pm

In my 10+ years of seeing Ikuta Toma, never have I been attracted to the man until seeing him in My Teacher. Premise aside, the film itself wasn't anything to write home about, but putting Toma in dark hair and glasses had me on the rewind/pause button like no tomorrow. Which is weird as: a) it's been a while since I've felt giddy over a character, b) shallow as it may be, I'm not physically attracted to Toma, and c) let's face it, this wasn't exactly a showcase for some mindblowing acting. However, I have been there with the falling for someone you never should situation. Plus, Toma's got nice hands.

Gosh, my mind is all over the place.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:34 pm

forror wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:33 pm
In my 10+ years of seeing Ikuta Toma, never have I been attracted to the man until seeing him in My Teacher. Premise aside, the film itself wasn't anything to write home about, but putting Toma in dark hair and glasses had me on the rewind/pause button like no tomorrow. Which is weird as: a) it's been a while since I've felt giddy over a character, b) shallow as it may be, I'm not physically attracted to Toma, and c) let's face it, this wasn't exactly a showcase for some mindblowing acting. However, I have been there with the falling for someone you never should situation. Plus, Toma's got nice hands.

Gosh, my mind is all over the place.
Toma is who got me into Arashi, and I used to be a BIG time fan of his! I still am in a way, but not quite as much as I was in the beginning. I think Toma's most handsome role is his part in Osozaki no Himawari. I really liked that drama. I should watch it again.
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:20 pm

^ Right, at least I know what I'll be watching this weekend! :)

He's always so smiley when I watched him on variety shows. For a long time, I just associated him with his character from Hana Kimi.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:09 am

I love Toma's smiles. They still make me feel warm inside. ^_^
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:03 pm

I can't say I've ever been a fan of Toma's, but I have to admit he almost always makes me smile. He seems like such a great person :)

I haven't had time to watch Arashi videos for a while. Last weekend my niece was here, on Tue I met a fellow Aibakalander/Arashi fan and from Wed onwards my sister has been with me. I quickly checked the latest VSA and it looked fun.

It was cold on Wed, then the next day it snowed a lot and now it has been raining for a couple of days. Ice and slush. Fun!
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:32 pm

How's everyone doing?

I must say I'm quite proud of myself. I have exercised and eaten healthy for three weeks now, and I've already lost some weight. I do indoor biking and strength training (two of my favourite sports :D). I don't count calories 'cause it's mentally quite tough (I've done that before so it's not that it's difficult or time consuming). The greatest things are that I don't crave sugar like before and my diet is more balanced. I also enjoy working out. Unfortunately I'm still far from being energetic. I'm not sure why I'm tired most of the day. Is it because of spring? Dunno.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:52 pm

I'm going to officially start looking for another job this week. I mean, I've already started looking, but this week I'm going to update and fix my resume and then send it out to companies. I want to find a job closer to home after how bad this winter has been on the roads. Ideally, I would like to find a full time job, but we'll see where that takes me.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:27 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:52 pm
I'm going to officially start looking for another job this week. I mean, I've already started looking, but this week I'm going to update and fix my resume and then send it out to companies. I want to find a job closer to home after how bad this winter has been on the roads. Ideally, I would like to find a full time job, but we'll see where that takes me.

Are you looking for a job from a certain field?
I wish you good luck for the job hunting!
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:55 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:27 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:52 pm

Are you looking for a job from a certain field?
I wish you good luck for the job hunting!
Right now, I'm looking for anything. I mostly just want a job that's closer to home, 'nuff said.
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:14 pm

I just got back from Copenhagen the other day and it's nice to be in a place where motorists give priority to other road users. If I cycled around the streets here in the UK, the drivers would be more than content to give me the finger and plot how to run me over.