Totally Random Talk Thread

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:58 pm

I'm glad to be back! Visiting my parents is no fun. I went there on Wed last week and to be honest I was ready to come back on two days later... Oh well, now I don't have any reason to go there for months.

Thanks for the birthday greetings, Nightshadow!

The weather was cool and windy when I was visiting my family, but when I got back home on Wednesday this week it got hot and humid again. Yesterday was especially awful. Thankfully it's only 20C today and it should be like this for a while. One of my sisters comes for a visit tomorrow so it'd be great if it wasn't hot or I can't leave the house in the daytime...
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:19 pm

It started to feel like summer here last week. We had a couple of 80+ degree weather (26 Celsius) here and I thought it felt great. I like some heat, but not extreme heat. Or humid heat. It's raining today and that will cool things off for this coming week. I'm a little sad about it, but we still have time to have summer like weather.
iheartaiba wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:58 pm
I'm glad to be back! Visiting my parents is no fun. I went there on Wed last week and to be honest I was ready to come back on two days later... Oh well, now I don't have any reason to go there for months.
I'm sorry the relationship with your family isn't so happy. Right now, I don't know what I would do if my family didn't get along. We've been through a tragedy this year, and if I didn't have them to talk about my problems, I wouldn't really have anyone to lean on.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:52 pm

Families sometimes just don't get along. Mine is that way, so now it's just my father and my brother mostly, and one of his cousins and two of her children and from my mom's side one of my uncles, and that's it. I still don't get why the rest of the family shunned my dad, who is actually the chillest of the five siblings. My mom's family just shunned us after she died, so I guess my family weird. I really prefer it this way, because I hate hypocrisy, so this[/ way it's better.

I feel you, Haru, but at least now you can keep away for a long time.

Here it's been raining, so coupled with the 25 °C it's really nice for me.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:28 pm

Damn it's been humid here ;___;

I got an Aiba uchiwa from a friend of mine yay~
It's both lovely and useful haha
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:49 pm

I think I've developed a cough. Kind of weird for the start of the summer. I haven't been able to stop coughing for the last couple of days. It feels like I have something stuck in my air flow and my throat is slightly scratchy...
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:02 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:49 pm
I think I've developed a cough. Kind of weird for the start of the summer. I haven't been able to stop coughing for the last couple of days. It feels like I have something stuck in my air flow and my throat is slightly scratchy...

My sister said she has a cough and a sore throat. A bit unusual for summer.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:47 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:02 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:49 pm

My sister said she has a cough and a sore throat. A bit unusual for summer.
It's quite annoying, really.
pastelpenguin
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by pastelpenguin » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:21 pm

Been busy with course work. Demos are really exhausting but Arashi always keeping me alive. Hahaha
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 pm

Hello~ How's everyone been?
It's really hot here DX
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:41 pm

My sister is visiting me so I've been busy playing PS4/PoGo, walking, doing laundry and reading :D She will leave on Mon to visit a friend of hers and then come back a week later.

My nerve pain is awful these days :( I have ENMG next Thu.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:43 pm

I just gt back from a week of camp. It was kind of nice...not having wi fi that long. No, it was fine. I survived. My phone's data took a plunge though, even though I took a hiatus from here and just about every other social media I have. I feel like I've missed out on so much.

Camp was nice. It was what I needed after what I've been going through. It was super hot on Wednesday, so that was a very nice day to go swimming in the pool at camp. I didn't think I'd be able to get in because it's always crowded with kids and I feel like I can't have very much fun. I'm afraid I would accidentally drown someone. Thursday was COLD! We went from wearing shorts and tank tops to hoodies and jeans in one day. It was nuts, but it's not camp if we don't have a period of cold weather. Or rainy weather. For once I am glad it wasn't rainy this week. The campground really turns to mush when that happens.

So how is everyone else here?
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:31 pm

I missed my ENMG last week 'cause for whatever reason my phone's alarm didn't work, and my new appointment won't be until mid Sep. *cries* That means the surgery won't be until late autumn or early winter.

I got a MRI for my right shoulder today. My shoulder and the whole right arm hurts like hell now because they had to inject a contrast agent. But at least that's behind now.

I'm sorry for neglecting Aibakaland lately :crying:
Life is just too tough because of all this pain.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:47 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:31 pm
I'm sorry for neglecting Aibakaland lately :crying:
Life is just too tough because of all this pain.
It's okay. It's understandable. I do miss this place being super active the way it used to be.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:38 pm

Omg heatwave is finally over! My apartment was starting to feel like a sauna...
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:11 am

My heatwave ended, too. Most of that was due to the storms surrounding us for days. It's supposed to be nice for the rest of the week, and the beginning of next week, too. If summer was just sunny and 80 degrees (26 degrees) the entire time, I would love summer so much more than I do. Sometimes it just gets humid and sticky, and that's very uncomfortable. I'm glad my apartment has AC.
Sleigh
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Sleigh » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm

Hello everyone!
I just looked at the Member Hiatus thread, and I realized that an absence I expected to only be two or three months long has almost been a whole year! Wow, time flies.
I'll be having a look around and try to catch up a bit. I hope everyone has been well.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Sleigh wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:12 pm
I just looked at the Member Hiatus thread, and I realized that an absence I expected to only be two or three months long has almost been a whole year! Wow, time flies.
Welcome back!
Sometimes it feels exactly like that. Suddenly a month or two has passed.

I'm quite happy that I've managed to fix my eating habits. Sure, it's only been 9 days, but so far I'm doing great. I'm eating a bunch of veggies every day (and actually enjoying them), I get enough fiber and I'm cooking almost every day. I haven't eaten wheat and thanks to that I haven't had stomach problems lately.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:30 am

Veggie's help a lot! The right ones can flush out anything bad in your system and can leave you feeling better. Broccoli is very good with that. it's one of my favorite vegetables.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:20 pm

I mainly eat bell pepper (anything but green), cucumber, carrot, iceberg lettuce and tomato.

I got a treadmill today! It took hella lot of work to get it to the right place. A lot of sweating and swearing ;D But I did my first C25K exercise today. My apartment is turning into a gym lol I have more gym equipment than furniture.
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:50 pm

Ah, I regret getting rid of my treadmill now, especially as I hate running after dark around my local area. All I have left is my rowing machine.

-----------------

I've hardly any energy for my niece. I only spend a few hours with her every weekend and it's already sucking me dry. I do appreciate the insatiable curiosity children have, but what's up with repeating the same thing every 30 secs and being just as amused as the first time? Respect to those who are able to dedicate their time.