Totally Random Talk Thread

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Re: Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:02 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the North American Arashians! :)
Sleigh
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Sleigh » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:37 pm

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving!
Stay safe and warm if you’re traveling!
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:00 pm

For those who celebrate it, how was your Thanksgiving?

I'm sorry for not being around much (again). I'm currently suffering from very bad anxiety. It hit the new low last Wed when I started throwing up day and night. It's been like that ever since so I don't have much energy.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:20 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:00 pm
For those who celebrate it, how was your Thanksgiving?

I'm sorry for not being around much (again). I'm currently suffering from very bad anxiety. It hit the new low last Wed when I started throwing up day and night. It's been like that ever since so I don't have much energy.
Gosh, that sounds awful. My anxiety never made me throw up. Just made me clench everything and I get sore muscles from it. I hope your anxiety gets better, even though the holidays can make them worse. I hope you find peace amongst the chaos.

My thanksgiving was good. My mom and I were the only ones who could gather and go on a 5 1/2 hour car ride to my aunt's house. The journey would have been fine if I didn't get car sick. We had very rough winds, some gusts were 60 mph(96km)! It felt like the car was going to lift right off the highway! So, there's the constant weaving and turbulence, and my stomach couldn't take it. At all. Even with Dramamine. I've always gotten car sick since I was a baby, so it's expected, but I have never been that sick in a long time. I threw up twice. The second time was in my favorite travel mug, otherwise it would have gotten all over me. However, going back home was better. I managed to take Dramamine BEFORE getting on the road.

Oh, and it was nice to see my relatives again, since this is our first holiday without my dad. The gathering felt small and empty.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:10 pm

My sister was visiting me Thu-Mon. We watched Busted! and ate way too much chocolate.

I'm still feeling anxious but I haven't thrown up for a few days. Still, a very unpleasant feeling.

castorpollux10
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by castorpollux10 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:55 am

until now, I still can’t get over Tokai Sensei
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:36 pm

It's Christmas next week and I have zero holiday feeling. I kinda just wish it was January already.

How is everyone? Busy with work?
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:28 pm

I finally got my Christmas shopping done, unless I forgot someone. :/ My work week was kind of nuts. My boss and I are not really on the same page about things, and that makes it hard and stressful. I've started job hunting again.

On top of everything else, I've got a cold. So that's been fun to deal with. I have the meds and vitamin C to help kick this cold to the curb, but it's still in it's peak. I may be dealing with it for a week.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:52 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:28 pm
On top of everything else, I've got a cold. So that's been fun to deal with. I have the meds and vitamin C to help kick this cold to the curb, but it's still in it's peak. I may be dealing with it for a week.
I hope you get better soon!

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays everyone!
I woke up surprisingly early, but I didn't get out of bed until late afternoon (I just checked news & twitter and played games + took a nap here and there). Now I'm watching dramas. It's quiet here, I guess many have gone to visit relatives. I think I will watch two more episodes and then go out to play Pokemon Go for a while. We didn't get white Christmas this year :/
treeninjas
Johnny's Jr

Post by treeninjas » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:59 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:52 pm

I woke up surprisingly early, but I didn't get out of bed until late afternoon (I just checked news & twitter and played games + took a nap here and there). Now I'm watching dramas. It's quiet here, I guess many have gone to visit relatives. I think I will watch two more episodes and then go out to play Pokemon Go for a while. We didn't get white Christmas this year :/
i just found out your lj was the one who got me here. bless you and i hope you're healthy and having a good holiday! :heart:
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:41 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:52 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:28 pm

That sounds a little lonely. :( If I lived closer to you, I'd invite you to spend Christmas with my family. My almost 4-year-old nephew would LOVE to get to know you! He isn't shy at all. ;)

I woke up early on Christmas Day too. One, because of this dang cold. And two, my nephew is an early bird and doesn't get the concept of time and when it's appropriate to get out of bed and start playing. His dad was the same at his age. It was fine with me though.

I got some nice gifts this year. I think my favorite is a blanket my mom made of scraps of my dad's old shirts. She made one for me and each of my brothers. They are very nice blankets! They're not super heavy so I could just use it to cover my legs while cozying up and watching Netflix.

We didn't have a white Christmas this year either.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:16 pm

treeninjas wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:59 pm
i just found out your lj was the one who got me here. bless you and i hope you're healthy and having a good holiday! :heart:
Haha :D Nice~
Happy holidays!

pknumba1 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:41 pm
That sounds a little lonely. :( If I lived closer to you, I'd invite you to spend Christmas with my family. My almost 4-year-old nephew would LOVE to get to know you! He isn't shy at all. ;)

(...)

I got some nice gifts this year. I think my favorite is a blanket my mom made of scraps of my dad's old shirts. She made one for me and each of my brothers. They are very nice blankets! They're not super heavy so I could just use it to cover my legs while cozying up and watching Netflix.
Oh I'm all okay with being alone on Christmas :) I could visit my family, I just don't want to.

That was really lovely of your mom :)

We got snow on 25th and it still somewhat white so that's nice. It's so much lighter. I went for a walk on 24th and 25th, but today I have stayed indoors. I didn't get out of bed until evening oops.

My sister is coming for a short visit tomorrow (really short - she'll stay for a night and then go visit her bf and come back again on Jan 6).
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:52 pm

My family is getting together again on the weekend. My mom and I are going to spend our gift cards we got for Christmas for our favorite bookstore. We will probably see the new Star Wars movie with everyone, and this one will be important to us since this will be the one we see without Dad. He's the one who brought Star Wars into the family. It's going to be weird seeing one without him.
sandreen
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by sandreen » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:28 pm

^:( Hope you're doing okay!

(Also, I went to see the new Star Wars movie too! Even though I didn't see the second one lol)
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:29 pm

So, what's everyone up to now? The forum's been dead for several days. Are people still trying to revive themselves after finals and holiday season, or is everyone still dead?
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:56 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:29 pm
So, what's everyone up to now? The forum's been dead for several days. Are people still trying to revive themselves after finals and holiday season, or is everyone still dead?

I've been going through hell so I haven't been around lately. Sorry everyone. My depression and anxiety have been awful. I promise to be more active once I start feeling better.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:34 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:56 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:29 pm

I've been going through hell so I haven't been around lately. Sorry everyone. My depression and anxiety have been awful. I promise to be more active once I start feeling better.
I hope you feel better soon and that your relapse does not last much longer. I had one of those last weekend, and almost on Monday, but I was able to fix everything so it wouldn't ruin my week.

Tomorrow and for the rest of the week will seem rather surreal since it's the death anniversary of my dad.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:21 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:34 pm
I hope you feel better soon and that your relapse does not last much longer. I had one of those last weekend, and almost on Monday, but I was able to fix everything so it wouldn't ruin my week.
Thank you :heart:
I spent my New Year in the hospital so things were serious, but I think the worst is behind now. This phase has lasted about two months so I really want it to be over already.

pknumba1 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:34 pm
Tomorrow and for the rest of the week will seem rather surreal since it's the death anniversary of my dad.
I can only imagine how you feel. *hugs*
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:50 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:21 pm
Thank you :heart:
I spent my New Year in the hospital so things were serious, but I think the worst is behind now. This phase has lasted about two months so I really want it to be over already.

Are you home now? I hope you got the care you needed.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:54 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:50 pm
Are you home now? I hope you got the care you needed.
Yes, I am home now. I only received emergency care.

These past few years I've come to realise that mental health services in Finland suck bad. When people really need help they don't get it. For example, it took two weeks for a doctor to call me after I got home from the hospital (even though the hospital contacted the doctor) and my doctor's appointment isn't until the end of this month. I myself had been trying to reach my doctor since Nov without any luck.