Re: Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:53 am

Merry Christmas!!
pastelpenguin
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by pastelpenguin » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:05 am

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you'd have a wonderful Christmas and spend it with your loved ones.
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:04 pm

Merry Christmas~!
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:09 pm

It didn't look that promising in early Dec, but we did get a white Christmas after all :) It was even quite cold from last Friday till yesterday. Today we had only a degree or two below zero which felt kinda warm :D I've been going for a walk every day now. I walk slowly because I play PoGo so I'm not exactly exercising, but I love how quiet and beautiful it is. And spending 1-2 hours outdoors does good for both body and soul ;)
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:30 pm

We didn't think we were going to get a white Christmas this year, but we got some snow over the last couple of days so it was right on time. It's not a lot, and you can still see the grass, but it's enough to make it feel more like Christmas. This weekend is when the weather will take a turn and get worse, which makes me nervous because that's the only time my family can get together for Christmas and exchange gifts. And next week starts the really bitter cold temperatures. Up until now, things have been a little above or at average this year.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:08 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:30 pm
And next week starts the really bitter cold temperatures. Up until now, things have been a little above or at average this year.

How cold?
I checked our weather forecast today and this week the degrees really get up and down. One day it's gonna be around zero and the next day close to -20C. I hope it's not gonna be windy. We should get more snow this week so that's good.

I donated blood today. Last time I did that in 2016 so it was great to be able to do it again (my medication has prevented it). A nice way to end this year :D

Any plans for new year's eve? Or if it's already behind, did you guys do anything special? I'm just gonna stay home and probably watch something. Not very special, I know XD
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:55 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:08 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:30 pm
And next week starts the really bitter cold temperatures. Up until now, things have been a little above or at average this year.

How cold?
I checked our weather forecast today and this week the degrees really get up and down. One day it's gonna be around zero and the next day close to -20C. I hope it's not gonna be windy. We should get more snow this week so that's good.

I donated blood today. Last time I did that in 2016 so it was great to be able to do it again (my medication has prevented it). A nice way to end this year :D

Any plans for new year's eve? Or if it's already behind, did you guys do anything special? I'm just gonna stay home and probably watch something. Not very special, I know XD
About -8 Celsius which is 17 degrees in Fahrenheit for me. I've been in colder weather before. 2014 was probably the driest and coldest weather I ever endeavored. That was the year I worked at a camp and they had weekend retreats during the winter, so I was outside manning the sledding and tubing hill. I faced -14 degree temperatures (-25 in Celsius) at night and that was hard! I had two warm packets in my gloves on each hand and heat paddings in my boots. It was sometimes hard to breathe because my nose hairs felt like they were shriveling inwards. Just thought you wanted that picture. XD

Right now it's just raining hard but it's supposed to freeze over night. I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow.

For New Years, my family and I are marathoning the Hobbitt and LOTR trilogy.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:43 pm

So I just dropped my 2TB external hard disk full of Arashi files and now it's damaged.

I wanna cry.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:29 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:43 pm
So I just dropped my 2TB external hard disk full of Arashi files and now it's damaged.

I wanna cry.
Oh no! Do you have them backed up anywhere else? Stupid question. If you did, then you wouldn't be crying.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:31 am

pknumba1 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:29 pm
iheartaiba wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:43 pm

I wanna cry.
Oh no! Do you have them backed up anywhere else? Stupid question. If you did, then you wouldn't be crying.

Well I have uploaded all of them to Mega but... it will take a while to figure out what I'm missing and then to download that 2TB. But I gotta say I'm not buying another Seagate external hard disk. I dropped it from about hip high and it fell on a carpet. Sure that's still a hard surface, but I thought I just might be able to fix the disk. So I opened the case and damn, that disk is beyond repair.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:53 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:31 am
pknumba1 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:29 pm

Well I have uploaded all of them to Mega but... it will take a while to figure out what I'm missing and then to download that 2TB. But I gotta say I'm not buying another Seagate external hard disk. I dropped it from about hip high and it fell on a carpet. Sure that's still a hard surface, but I thought I just might be able to fix the disk. So I opened the case and damn, that disk is beyond repair.
Hopefully you can find another one that isn't expensive.
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:30 am

Well, that is quite the start to the year. Perhaps it's a chance to sit back and revisit some of the material you haven't watched/read/listened to in some time as you comb through the files. Sorry, probably not much of a silver lining.

I also have in my possession a portable 2TB drive by Seagate. Looking forward to the day that bails out on me... Doesn't help that I'm a bit of a butterfinger and prone to dropping my phone every other week. My previous laptop fared the worst.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:50 pm

forror wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:30 am
Well, that is quite the start to the year. Perhaps it's a chance to sit back and revisit some of the material you haven't watched/read/listened to in some time as you comb through the files. Sorry, probably not much of a silver lining.

I also have in my possession a portable 2TB drive by Seagate. Looking forward to the day that bails out on me... Doesn't help that I'm a bit of a butterfinger and prone to dropping my phone every other week. My previous laptop fared the worst.

That's actually a very good way to look at this mess :D I've re-watched some special shows, like Sho's Battle Field of Zeus (which is awesome btw). There are so many videos I had completely forgotten about.

I've already downloaded all the concerts and maybe around a half of the drama series. I'm not even a halfway through, but I'm getting there. I bought two Transcend 2TB hard drives this week. Shockproof, just in case. I hope your HD will never leave you! :D

I met a fellow Arashi fan (and Aibakalander!) today :D
We talked for over three hours haha It was so nice to talk to someone who likes the same things as I do (Arashi, Asian dramas, video games...) but isn't my sibling ;D Have you guys met any Arashi fans irl?
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:13 am

iheartaiba wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:50 pm
forror wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:30 am

That's actually a very good way to look at this mess :D I've re-watched some special shows, like Sho's Battle Field of Zeus (which is awesome btw). There are so many videos I had completely forgotten about.

I've already downloaded all the concerts and maybe around a half of the drama series. I'm not even a halfway through, but I'm getting there. I bought two Transcend 2TB hard drives this week. Shockproof, just in case. I hope your HD will never leave you! :D

We talked for over three hours haha It was so nice to talk to someone who likes the same things as I do (Arashi, Asian dramas, video games...) but isn't my sibling ;D Have you guys met any Arashi fans irl?
Oh man, you are soooo lucky! I only know of two other Arashi fans that live in my home state. I don't know anyone in real life. I would love to do a meet up with the two fans in real life but I would have to plan ahead.
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:08 am

I've never even met a J-pop fan - except at Comic Con - let alone an Arashi fan! Tbf, I don't pay much interest in people's musical tastes unless I hear their car radio or them singing/screeching around the house. However, I do wonder if any British fans stalked Sho when he covered the London Olympics.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:25 pm

forror wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:08 am
I've never even met a J-pop fan - except at Comic Con - let alone an Arashi fan! Tbf, I don't pay much interest in people's musical tastes unless I hear their car radio or them singing/screeching around the house. However, I do wonder if any British fans stalked Sho when he covered the London Olympics.
I would if I knew he was going to be in the area. ;)
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:50 pm

I've only met an Arashi fan at anime and Japanese culture convention. I held an Arashi panel one year and most of the people in attendance weren't really familiar with Arashi but had heard of them and wanted to learn. Which was great! But there was 1 person I met from a convention who was also a really big fan. She got to go to their concert in Hawaii! I don't think she is an Aibakalander, and lately she hasn't been keeping up too much, but it was super exciting to actually meet an Arashian who lived just a few hours away.
chixm8_49
Johnny's Jr

Post by chixm8_49 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:07 pm

Me, on the other hand, has met a lot of Arashi fans in one class. XD There was one time when my friend brought an Arashi bag. I, myself, knew that she was a fan. What surprised me was when someone approached our table and asked the typical Arashi fan question like "Who is your ichiban?". Then another one came ... until we were got surrounded and flailing. XD One of them was even our instructor so .... yea XD
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:35 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:13 am
iheartaiba wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Oh man, you are soooo lucky! I only know of two other Arashi fans that live in my home state. I don't know anyone in real life. I would love to do a meet up with the two fans in real life but I would have to plan ahead.
*Busts in after long, unplanned hiatus*
Would one of those fans happen to be me?!😁😁
Would totally meet up sometime!

Aaaaaanddd I'm so far behind in Arashi world right now, I don't even know where to start 😣😣

Missed you all!!
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:47 pm

Sorry for disappearing, I went to visit my family. While it was nice to see everyone (except mother...), the trip sure was exhausting and I'm happy to be back home.

chixm8_49 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:07 pm
Me, on the other hand, has met a lot of Arashi fans in one class. XD There was one time when my friend brought an Arashi bag. I, myself, knew that she was a fan. What surprised me was when someone approached our table and asked the typical Arashi fan question like "Who is your ichiban?". Then another one came ... until we were got surrounded and flailing. XD One of them was even our instructor so .... yea XD
That's cool! Especially the instructor part :D

10 or so years ago there was a little Arashi fan meeting at my place so I have met Arashi fans before, but none of those ladies lived in the same city as I. rikachi and I decided to meet again 'cause we got along well and it's easy to meet when you live so close to each other.

keioboylove wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:35 pm
*Busts in after long, unplanned hiatus*
Would one of those fans happen to be me?!😁😁
Would totally meet up sometime!

Aaaaaanddd I'm so far behind in Arashi world right now, I don't even know where to start 😣😣

Missed you all!!
Nice to see you again!
What have you been up to?