[SONGFIC] (by Michmich) Home - Jun-centric (PG-13)

Other creative Arashi-related writings.

Moderator: mclam01

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

[SONGFIC] (by Michmich) Home - Jun-centric (PG-13)

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Title: Songfic Challenge
Rating: PG-13
Member/Pairing: Each songfic will have a different pairing, though I may add a few extras because I keep having ideas to go with the songs ^^
Author: Michmich

A/N: I wrote one songfic to 'My home' by Thousand Foot Krutch and realised that their songs are really good to come up with fanfics for so I decided to challenge myself and see if I could come up with 1 for each pairing. Hope these are OK, they are just my mind ramblings ^^

Home

Jun stared up at the building in front of him, a soft sigh emanating from him. It was distinct, expensive and any of his friends would have definitely said it suited his tastes, but to him something was missing...

This place is many things but I'd never call it home. It's just a building in a city everywhere I go.

He stood for a second, like he did every night after work before walking in and up the stairs to the top floor where his flat was, not even caring about how many stairs he would have to climb, even though there was a working lift. It gave him time to think in the soft gloom of the stairwell instead of crushing himself into a small elevator which at this time of night would probably get crowded. Time to think about what felt wrong about this place...

This place is many things but I can't call it home. Home is the place you are and I just wanna let you know...

He sighed again as he got up halfway to his flat, knowing exactly what was wrong with this place, why it could never be ‘home’. Not as long as he was missing ‘him’. Not as long as ‘he’ wasn’t there beside him. But at the moment that might never happen...

...I’ve done a few things I wasn't proud of,
Might have said a few things that hurt you.
But you're still the only one who fills me up,
And every night spent alone, was worth it.

Jun winced as he remembered the arguments. The harsh words he’d said when it wasn’t even his partners fault. He’d just been angry but it didn’t take long for that feeling to dissipate to be replaced by guilt at the look of hurt on ‘his’ face, even though he never fought back against the words. And Jun would spend the next night tossing and turning, racked with guilt for making the usually smiling face drip with tears and he wondered just how he was going to make up for the mess he’d made.

You are my home,
You are my everything, when I feel so alone,
You are my home, you are my shelter,
when all my hope is gone

Jun smiled sadly. And yet every time he’d shouted, he’d been taken back. He only needed to say he was sorry and he would be forgiven, a pure smile of relief showing on his love’s face, making him feel even guiltier. When he would ask why he was so forgiving, the answer would always be ‘I can tell you mean it.’ Jun never did understand how he could be forgiven so quickly from just this intuition but it always made him feel safe, like he’d found someone who would always be there for him. A shelter against anything that happened. Until he realised that even someone who can be so forgiving has a breaking point just like everyone else.

And I’ve seen many things but they don't look like home, they're just the bright lights from a city glowing all night long.

Jun frowned at the memory as he stood looking out on the city below him, one side of the flat being mostly glass. He looked down at the small moving specks below him, making up in his head what they were doing down there, how they lived, what they were like. Anything to forget how he’d broken someone so happy.

And I’ve seen many faces, but they all look the same. Home is the place you are and I just wanna let you know...

He’d tried to forget, tried to move on. But he couldn’t. No other person could replace the person he’s lost. He’d been stupid and reckless, not thinking he could lose him and not knowing what he’d lost until it was over.

I’ve done a few things I wasn't proud of,
might have said a few things that hurt you,
but you're still the only one who fills me up,
and all the tears that we've shared were worth it.

Jun flopped on his bed, tears welling up even though the words ‘I can’t do this anymore’ had been said ages ago, what felt like a millennia to Jun because he hadn’t seen the one he loved since. They’d spoken, they’d tried to act normal on the phone but there had been an awkwardness that had never been there before. A gap between them that just kept widening until Jun wondered if there was anything that could be done anymore.

You are my home,
you are my everything, when I feel so alone.
You are my home, you are my shelter
when all my hope is gone,
You are my home,
You are my heart, you are the one.
when it all comes undone,
when it all comes undone,
when it all comes undone.

Jun sat up in bed; the silence and semi darkness making him feel small and claustrophobic. He flicked on the lights, but that only made him feel worse, showing up the empty corners of the room and just how alone he was. This wasn’t a home, it was a place to live in but there was nothing special about the place, nothing that made him happy to live here. It gave no shelter from the darkness, no warmth, no reassuring light. Not like the smile he knew so well that seemed to light up a room with its brilliance and had its own kind of warmth that could be felt from the pure gesture. He felt himself break, like he had many times before, reaching for the phone as he usually did in these situations. But normally he’d put it down again, it would be selfish to ring him after everything he had done. Selfish and cruel. But tonight was different, knowing completely that he couldn’t live here a second longer had brought along its own kind of courage. His heart wasn’t here and it never had been, it had just taken him this long to figure it out. To figure out where he belongs, even if it was being selfish and even if there was no way he could fix the situation, he had to try.

In the two seconds he had to wonder if what he was doing was right, his fingers had already dialled the familiar number and it had started to ring, the receiver picking up after only a few moments. Even though it was late and even though he could hate Jun for everything that had happened, he still picked up. Almost as if he had been waiting for the call. As if he too couldn’t move on.

“Jun?”

Jun broke down further, the concerned voice ringing through his head as he closed his eyes, tears running down his face.

“I’m sorry for everything, Aiba.”

There was silence for a few seconds. Seconds that stretched for eternity as Jun felt everything crash around him, as he realised there really might be nothing he could do this time to make up for what he’d done.

A soft smile emanated from the receiver, not that Jun could see it but he could almost feel it.

“I know, Jun.”

You are my home,
You are my everything, when I feel so alone,
You are my home, you are my shelter,
when all my hope is gone,
You are my home,
You are my heart, you are the one.
when it all comes undone.

A/N: A friend of mine drew a picture to go with this that can be found here

Code: Select all

http://kiokokat.deviantart.com/#/d2xs64q
hope you enjoyed this first one~ ^^