How did you find out about Arashi?

Talk about the Fab Five here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

Forum rules
Only Arashi discussions without polls or tests. Posts with polls etc. belong to Yes? No?.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

How did you find out about Arashi?

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:25 pm

I just noticed we don't have this topic yet, so... How did you find out about Arashi?

Shadow531 wrote: I haven't seen this asked before, and I think it would be interesting to hear everyone's stories.

How I found out about Arashi:

Well a few years ago i was looking for a PB (play by) for a Japanese character I wanted to play on an RP. I searched Japanese guys and started matching up names and faces just to make sure i had the right ones. I originally had another idea and started watching Japanese Dramas, somehow i came across Gokusen. I was watching this Shin Sawada character and found the actor himself to be perfect for the RP character I wanted to portray. So I looked him up and discovered that he was Jun Matsumoto. After finishing up Gokusen (and being disappointed that Shin never made an appearance in the 2nd and 3rd season) I went on to watching Bambino and noticed that the Bambino theme song was catchy.

That's when I found out that Jun Matsumoto was also in a Jpop band called Arashi, and me liking Jpop figured I should check out this band. At the time, I was able to find some of their PVs on Youtube and I watched these five guys working and singing together. Then I started learning more and listening to more of their music and eventually that lead to me watching more of the guys Dramas.

At that point I had found some pictures online and came across some i was curious about, only to discover they were clips from several of Arashi's variety shows and from there i was watching Vs Arashi, Arashi ni Shiyagare and Himitsu no Arashi Chan (before it went off air). and i kept telling myself "these guys are truly amazing". and I have been a fan since.

Jun isn't my PB for the character anymore (i ended up quitting that RP site because of the mods being cliquey with each other and rude to everyone else), but Ohno is a PB for a character on another site that I'm on.

I was Jun-baited but my favorite Arashi is Ohno (Jun's a close second though).

What about everyone else? What are your stories?
deedlitmurata
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Re: How did you find out about Arashi?

Post by deedlitmurata » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:45 am

So for me it was because of MatsuJun's dorama, Kimi wa pet :-) I really loved this dorama, so when I investigated about who the actor was, I found out he was from this music band, so I decided to give it a try and this is how I ended up here XD all those years later
alinnealinne
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by alinnealinne » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:01 pm

The most common route: Jun-baited from HanaDan! His acting was incredible there.
It's been a long time since.
Jun is not my favorite member anymore, but we will always have our beginning. :3 :heart:
yumichan86
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by yumichan86 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:00 pm

I started listening to J-rock first and through a friend i got into K-pop and Korean Dramas.
After i watched Boys before fowers (Korean version) i found out that there was a Japanese version and watched it.
I found Jun so good in HanaDan that i wanted to see more of him....and the rest is history :)
valiente
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by valiente » Wed May 23, 2018 5:58 pm

Wow, it seems everyone (at least the ones before this comment) found ARASHI through Jun. And same for me! =)) I saw Gokusen and Hanadan (forgot which one I saw first). I didn't actually know he was in a band until my sister showed me "WISH" (I usually skip the songs in shows) and pointed out that Jun was the one who requested that Arashi would be the ones to sing the song for his drama. And it started from there. :D
inutrasha94
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by inutrasha94 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:45 pm

I actually got into KAT-TUN on accident and while I was surfing youtube I saw a related video. It was these 5 dudes and it looked like they were making these 2 other dudes pass out and say weird things? Then I discovered livejournal and all of the subbing communities and fell deep into Arashi quick. And later I found out it was the Shukudai-kun episode with Jaru Jaru and the Saimin jutsu.
Chu_Chu
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Chu_Chu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:19 pm

One of my friend really love them and she went on holidays , so she wanted me to know more about them. I watched a lot of broadcast with them and some performances.