Arashi on music-streaming services

Talk about Arashi's music and concerts. Album and concerts tracklists and song lists.

Moderator: Dyani

inutrasha94
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Re: Arashi on music-streaming services

Post by inutrasha94 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:35 am

Its baffling that it's 2018 and they're still stuck in this antiquated system. Like I understand Johnny's makes a lot of money but they gotta know all the potential they're missing with they international fans! We get it somehow anyways they may as well profit it from it.

But I actually had this one job and in the store they had like this subscription music service I'd never heard of and they had a Japanese playlist. So one night when I was closing I put it on and Love so Sweet came on and I was like ???????? This shouldn't be here! It was really low quality so i could tell someone had ripped it off and it was a really weird experience haha.
threetenfour
Johnny's Jr

Post by threetenfour » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:32 pm

It honestly really sucks that Arashi/J-POP are not on streaming sites. I know the Japanese music industry is unique in that physical sales are still number one (and that's why even K-POP agencies focus heavily on the Japanese market). It just makes it hard for us international fans to access their music and TV shows. I basically transitioned to K-POP because of how easy it was to find everything. I'll always do whatever it takes to get my Arashi fix, but it's so time-consuming that sometimes I give up. lol
ChibaDesu
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by ChibaDesu » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:18 am

It would be great! I heard from several independent artists that the JASRAC is very strict, almost suffocating. If the association allows the streem, it would be for "free / independent" artists like Aiko, Misia or X Japan.
For idol music, the pressure of JASRAC is very small compared to the pressure of idol agencies. I mean, isn't healthy for the entire music industry not to have advertising in the foreign market. :thumbsdown:
For me, spotify is pretty cheap and isn't in dollars so... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Korean idols had expand for all America continent because the "easier" way to listen their music and the chance to watch them live in your own country.
Johnnys must learn from Korea. I know they said they get money of the japanese fanbase but many of sites like CD japan and Amazon are floded with foreign fans purchasing idol' items. Mean it's money outside of japan. $_$
Is nice at least have the option for purchasing digital release or phisical ones.
I don't feel gulty for the copies, they were illegal in my country until 2017. And more expensive than everyone can imagine.

Well is only my humble opinion. :3