Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

inutrasha94
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Any returning fans?

Post by inutrasha94 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:51 pm

Hello!

I was wondering if there's anyone else on here also getting back into their Arashi game. I first started in Arashi around 2009 when I was in high school so I had nothing but time to spend on Arashi. But now I'm 23, out of college with a big girl job (I guess) and I want to make up for lost time! >.<

I just kind of forgot how to I guess? Being away for so long I feel like I'm more confused than when I first started haha.

I wonder if anyone else is having the same experience~
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: Any returning fans?

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:13 pm

I think there are quite a few returning fans :)

I was away from Arashi fandom around... 2011-2014, I think.
inutrasha94
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by inutrasha94 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:45 am

It's so crazy to me that you left because when I first got in Stormy Team was like the elites haha. But I'm glad you're back!
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:39 am

Life got too hard and then being a part of the fansub group + doing forum stuff became a chore. I stopped enjoying being in this fandom. A break did good :)

I guess STORMY was the biggest and most active Arashi fansub group back then, but I'm glad so many groups and solo fansubbers appeared and there are still Arashi fansubbers around :)

I wonder what it is that make people come back to Arashi fandom.
inutrasha94
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by inutrasha94 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:36 pm

Yeah I can't imagine being in such a popular fansub group like you guys. You guys were like stars in my eyes but it can be a lot of pressure I can imagine.

Honestly I came back part because I started losing what Japanese I had learned from them and part it just felt like I was missing family. I got so used to seeing them everyday and I now I feel so disconnected~
jeninesterz
Johnny's Jr

Post by jeninesterz » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:42 am

Well I started my fandom during Highschool around 2007 until the early years of college (2011) I was still a fan but I stopped, I returned, when I graduated (2014) and had my first job. :tired:

Same with @iheartaiba around 2011-2014 that Arashi and I just drifted apart for a while...

Well I really entered fandom when I was diagnosed with depression, and because of the boys it helped me a lot to become strong and happier person :thumbsup:
inutrasha94
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by inutrasha94 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Yeah I found arashi when I definitely felt the most isolated from the people around. They were what I always could count on to smile
hoshinomi
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by hoshinomi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:59 pm

I'm back after a nearly 8 year hiatus. I'm a new mom and find that watching old episodes of AnS on YT make my breast pumping sessions at work a lot more fun. It's rekindled my interest in Arashi and since then, I've been looking for old files on old hard drives and re-living so many of my favorite moments. It feels like I've missed so much between 2010 and now :/ I have no idea who's been in what dramas and movies (you shoulda seen my face when I discovered there's been a 3rd Pikanchi movie LOL)
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:21 pm

hoshinomi wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:59 pm
I'm back after a nearly 8 year hiatus. I'm a new mom and find that watching old episodes of AnS on YT make my breast pumping sessions at work a lot more fun. It's rekindled my interest in Arashi and since then, I've been looking for old files on old hard drives and re-living so many of my favorite moments. It feels like I've missed so much between 2010 and now :/ I have no idea who's been in what dramas and movies (you shoulda seen my face when I discovered there's been a 3rd Pikanchi movie LOL)

I felt the same even though I wasn't completely out of touch with Arashi or Arashi fandom during my looong hiatus. I didn't know all the dramas so when I came back it felt like Arashi had done so much and STORMY team sub had released so many videos. It did feel like I had missed a lot and I wasn't sure how to catch up. And then there is that I'm one of the "older" fans and most fans even here in Aibakaland seem to be "newer" ones. Not that there's something bad about it. It's just feels a bit weird when I'm still excited about things like Iza Now lol
hoshinomi
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by hoshinomi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:08 am

iheartaiba wrote: I felt the same even though I wasn't completely out of touch with Arashi or Arashi fandom during my looong hiatus. I didn't know all the dramas so when I came back it felt like Arashi had done so much and STORMY team sub had released so many videos. It did feel like I had missed a lot and I wasn't sure how to catch up. And then there is that I'm one of the "older" fans and most fans even here in Aibakaland seem to be "newer" ones. Not that there's something bad about it. It's just feels a bit weird when I'm still excited about things like Iza Now lol
lol don’t feel bad. There are still a few of us left. I found myself humming “The Bubble” yesterday. I didn’t know you had gone on hiatus too though. Welcome back!
inutrasha94
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by inutrasha94 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:24 am

Oh man the Iza Now album gives me so much energy! That and ONE really pick me up. Haha it feels weird trying to listen to their new stuff but I end up craving the old stuff
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:27 pm

inutrasha94 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:24 am
Oh man the Iza Now album gives me so much energy! That and ONE really pick me up. Haha it feels weird trying to listen to their new stuff but I end up craving the old stuff
I know!
And for some reason I have troubles remembering their newer songs (not to mention lyrics) but I have no troubles remembering the old songs. It's not that I don't like their new stuff. I guess the old releases are just a tad more special to me (also, I used to play their music a lot).

hoshinomi wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:08 am
lol don’t feel bad. There are still a few of us left. I found myself humming “The Bubble” yesterday. I didn’t know you had gone on hiatus too though. Welcome back!
I guess you could say I was on semi hiatus. I did check their new albums and some of singles during the years I was away from fandom but that's pretty much it. (I was more into k-pop & k-dramas.) I didn't visit Aibakaland many times and I didn't listen to Arashi's music as much as I used to. But it's good to be back :)

La Familia perf is currently stuck in my head :D
ninomi11
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by ninomi11 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:06 am

me. i know arashi during 2010-2011 like that. during that time, i did really enjoyed vs arashi. i stopped watching them because i continue my study far from home that i have to stay at hostel. then i started to watch them back in 2015 untill now.
Luzi
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Luzi » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:52 am

oh gosh yes, I've been away 2 times for several years but always coming back (a fan since 15 years though again, with several years break in between). I came back now I think a month ago.

I love however that they never change (in a good sense). All other fandoms or shows/bands turn at some point bad/less enjoyable. That's also why I was so depressed recently about a show I love going downwards I was like, I need some positive distraction and Arashi is just a guarantee to be great again and they never fail to catch me back.
Jirrana
Johnny's Jr

Post by Jirrana » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:39 am

I am! I started listening to Arashi in 2006-2007, when I was in High School. I stopped following them closely around five years ago, due to some personal stuff, but when I heard they'd announced that they would be going on hiatus I have been getting back into it as much as I can. Everything is so different now though lol, I'm having some trouble navigating still...
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:39 pm

Jirrana wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:39 am
Everything is so different now though lol, I'm having some trouble navigating still...

I'm not surprised :D There's a lot of catching up to do even when one is away for a year. 5 years is a lot!
Jirrana
Johnny's Jr

Post by Jirrana » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:04 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:39 pm
Jirrana wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:39 am
Everything is so different now though lol, I'm having some trouble navigating still...

I'm not surprised :D There's a lot of catching up to do even when one is away for a year. 5 years is a lot!
Apparently there's a lot of stuff on twitter now? And embarrassingly enough, twitter is the one thing I've never been able to fully understand lolol
castorpollux10
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by castorpollux10 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:53 am

I’ve been a fan since 2009, but stopped following them for seven years, because of some personal stuff. After returning from my trip to Japan this year, I was fully back in the fandom.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:02 pm

Jirrana wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:04 pm
Apparently there's a lot of stuff on twitter now? And embarrassingly enough, twitter is the one thing I've never been able to fully understand lolol

I don't use social media (like twitter) so I have no idea what's been going on in this fandom :D Usually if it's not in Aibakaland I don't know about it loool
mjaytona
Johnny's Jr

Post by mjaytona » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:03 am

ME! I've been in the fandom since 2011 and was very active for 5 years until I finished college and started working. I slowly went from checking in everyday to being completely out of touch from the fandom in a span of 2 yrs. I was just going through some personal stuff that time and I can't really relate to Arashi and their works anymore... until I heard their announcement. I had just come back to the fandom a month ago and the main catalyst of that is my friend who's trying to introduce me to BTS. I just remembered Arashi with nostalgic eyes and started watching old clips of them in Youtube. I was honestly hesitant to come back because in less than 2 yrs time, there will be nothing to look forward to in regards to their group work, and their news is actually easier to accept that way. It's hard to come back with a realization that you have somehow taken their presence for granted, thinking that they'll always be there until you fully grow out of the fandom. But then again, nothing lasts forever and I guess you can't really grow out from this fandom.

Anyway, after a year of therapy and on-going personal development work, I am more receptive of them and can fully understand and see their wisdom, from their songs/interviews/documentaries/behind-the-scenes, past and present, and have appreciated them even more now. It's sad that sometimes, I think it was too late. But late is better than not having to come back at all with all that's going on.