[GENERAL] Video games

Talk about your favourite anime, manga, books and games here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

Forum rules
Tag your topic with [ANIME], [MANGA], [BOOK] or [GAME]. For example, [ANIME/MANGA] Sailor Moon or [BOOK] Sarah J. Maas - A Court of Thorns and Roses series.

Only one topic per franchise. For example, [GAME] Final Fantasy series.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

[GENERAL] Video games

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:15 pm

Who else is like Nino into video games? :D
What games are currently playing? What platforms do you use? What kind of player are you?

Feel free to talk about anything related to video games! 8-)

I play with PS4 and my mobile. I used to play King's puzzle video games on my mobile a lot, but I stopped playing them before Pokemon Go was released. Now I only play PoGo with my mobile. I'm a solo player, but I recently started to do legendary raids. When I'm not doing a legendary raid (or sometimes tier 4), I still play PoGo alone unless I'm with my sisters (they are casual players).

As for PS4, I played Tales of Berseria for almost a year lol I finally got tired of it in April-May (or more like that fight - boost your weapons - fight - boost...). Then I started to play first-person shooter games like Call of Duty, Doom, Resident Evil, Prey... But after finishing more than a few games I kinda got tired of that genre :x I have Call of Duty: Ghosts to finish, but it has to wait 'cause I started to play Dragon Age: Inquisition not long ago and it's so goooood :D We have a lot of video games in our libraries so it's great that you can try different games without wasting your money.

I like RPG when I play alone and co-op shooting games and racing games when I play with someone else. I totally suck at shooting and driving so there's always so much laughing going on when I play those kinds of games with someone :D Last month me and my sister had so much fun playing Ride 2, Earth Defense Force 4.1 and Resident Evil 5.

For whatever reason the only fighting game I like is Mortal Kombat. I have tried several different fighting games but so far only MK games have been for my liking.
hoshinomi
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Re: [GENERAL] Video games

Post by hoshinomi » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:48 pm

Born and raised gamer here!

My genre of choice is JRPG. Currently trying to finish FFXV, but there’s so many hunts 😩
I’m horrible at FPS games and driving games too, so I just kinda stay in my lane, so to speak. As far as mobile, I’ve recently been really into Cybird’s Ikémen Romances, but the good stuff seems to be hidden behind a pay wall, so I’m not sure if I’ll continue after I finish the current story.

I spent WAAAAAAAYYY to much of my life playing WoW since vanilla and haven’t really played it since Warlords, but am really looking forward to Classic’s release
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:58 am

I used to play the Pokemon games and found them again this week, so I may charge my old Gameboys once more... I've also spend too much of my time on WoW and LOTRO (though I haven't played for over two years now).

These days it's only Sims, another old time favourite, that still runs off with my gaming budget.

Most of my time is spend on a browser game called Ponyisland though... I even have Arashi ponified over there XD. That site has been my second home and my sanctuary for over 12 years.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:45 pm

I think the very first game I played was that duck hunt game on NES :D It was the very early 90s when we got the console, though at first I think it was actually my dad who played it the most (even though it was bought to us kids) lol I sucked at shooting then, and I still suck XD

My problem with RPG is that when there is too much text on screen or long story scenes I can't concentrate and I end up skipping them. That of course means that at some point I'm kinda lost and wonder what the hell I'm supposed to do lol And so I always end up wasting time just running around :D
Sleigh
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Sleigh » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 am

I’ve liked video games my entire life. I’m pretty loyal to Nintendo, having owned each console since the NES up until the Wii. I played a lot of hand held games, too, having at least one version of each of Nintendo's handheld consoles. These days I mostly play puzzle games on my phone. I’d like to get a Switch and get back into console gaming.
My favorite games are the Professor Layton series, Animal Crossing, and Mario Party or sport games. I rarely finish games, even getting to the final level of the first Donkey Kong Country game and just giving up. I was proud to have the top score on Star Fox 64, though, and my brother never managed to beat it.
nejisorariku
Johnny's Jr

Post by nejisorariku » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:37 pm

I've loved playing video games since I've learned how to handle and play on a gameboy. My game of choice are handpicked from different genres but for the life of me, I can't play any horror games. Horror games would literally be the death of me. I prefer playing Playstation consoles and openworld games. *ehem* skyrim *ehem* Also, I know it's a bit childish, I'm freakin 26 years old but I'm highly anticipating the latest and hopefully last installment on the kingdom hearts series. It's basically my harry potter of games. I also play Tekken, my character is Asuka Kazama. hehe. I'm currently saving to buy PS4 this year or hopefully next year. *crosses fingers*
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:54 pm

I just ordered three PS4 games yesterday :3
- Resident Evil 6, because I just started to play the game with my sister a few days ago but we didn't have time to play it that much before she went back home. It feels better than RE5, and I want to have a game that I can play with someone else.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition, because it takes forever to finish it and the copy I have right now is from the library. I can't even renew the loan anymore lol
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration. I haven't played it before, but the graphics look fine and the game has a co-op feature so I'm sure it's gonna be fine. At least it was cheap lol

I'm waiting for English release of Earth Defense Force 5 to be out. Not sure why it's taking so long, the game was released in Japan last Dec... 4.1 has awful graphics and there isn't really much story, and I don't expect much from 5 either lol But it's a great co-op game :D
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:20 pm

I bought Mass Effect: Andromeda this week and I can't wait to try it.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:09 pm

I can't believe I haven't posted here!!!

I'm a super gamer, I love video games. I prefer consoles to playing online with a lot of egotistical players, and also because I can play offline.

I own several consoles between me and my brother. Believe it or not, we have an Atari 2600 that my mom bought, and it's the console with the most games in my house, yet my mom never wanted us to become gamers, and we did. XD

We have: Nintendo 64, Game Boy Advance SP, Game Cube, X-box 360 and Switch. My brother has also a 3DS. We own nearly all the Zelda games for these consoles except Phantom Hourglass. My favorite Zeldas are Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. I haven't finished Breath of the Wild, it's boring for me, I prefer the temples to this mini temple-like beasts, small story line, and super boring music.

For the X-box, I love to play FFXIII, just the first game, even though we own XIII-2 and Lightning Returns. Alice and Madness Returns are two of my favorite games because they are so dark. And I recently got the Kenway Saga from Assassin's Creed, 'cause it was cheap and I wanted to play Black Flag. I love it, I'm close to finishing it, and I decided to play it in chronological order, so I'll play Rogue afterwards and then AC 3. I didn't like Breath of the Wild because I hate getting lost and just wandering, yet I love to take the scenic route in Black Flag and doing some piracy. XD It's fun that I like this game, because I barely played AC 2, Ezio was a boring character for me, yet I love Edward Kenway. The awesome voice helps, if I hadn't watched Constantine and googled the actor, I would have never really tried to play this game.

I still play my Game Boy games, my faves are FFVI and Tactics. And I play the Mario Kart for Switch with my brother, and we get into hilarious fight where we curse each other's characters. XD

I'm a weird gamer, so I prefer playing alone. For instance, now when I play Black Flack, I chose the shanties I like to play when sailing and then I sing them with the game. XD And I talk to the character in English! So I mess up and I'm like: Edward, don't, you moron! Or when the first mate is like: caution Edward! I'm like: hell, no Ade! So, you can imagine my Spanish speaking dad who barely speaks English telling me I've lost it completely. XD

Online I play League of Angels and on the computer I play Disney Magic Kingdoms, but I'm more into the console games. On my phone I play Disney Tsum Tsum and I love it.