Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Latest drama, film, CD/DVD and concert news.

Moderator: jessica

Forum rules
No rumours allowed. Post only news from reliable and legitimate sources here.

IMPORTANT: Post links or URLs of OFFICIAL news sources, NOT YOUR PERSONAL WEBSITES OR BLOGS OR ANY THAT INVOLVES AFFILIATE LINKS.

When starting a new thread, tag properly and accordingly, whether it's a DRAMA, ALBUM, MOVIE, PLAY, MAGAZINE, BOOK, or OTHERS. For example:

[ALBUM] - album title
[DRAMA] - title of drama
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:23 am

Arashi has announced that they will suspend activities at the end of 2020. The group posted a video message on the fanclub website. Ohno says that he first talked to other members about suspending activities in June 2017. After that the members have several times talked about each going their own way. Each members shares their thoughts in the video.

Video (with Japanese subs):

Code: Select all

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/HdTlrBq77?fid=1034:4333109865557184

Edit 1:
They will hold a press conference today.

Edit 2:
The press conference wasn't bad at all. They were even joking :)
Ohno said he wants to see new places and just live a life freely, not having to think about the work.
They are talking a break, not disbanding. But who knows. Let's enjoy the next two years :)

Be still my heart.

In the video Aiba says that he doesn't think they can do group activities if one or two members are missing. Meaning Arashi = 5 members.
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Re: Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Post by yruvian » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:47 am

Only two more years?

I can't imagine them going on without one of their members either. I hope they'll come back something after that.
Chu_Chu
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Chu_Chu » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:29 pm

It's such a sad news. I can understand because it's quite difficult to live like that, but I'm a little sad.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:32 pm

I'm glad they decided to tell us early. But two years? That's a long time.

They are going to tell the reason at a press conference today. I'm looking forward to it.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:27 pm

I'm so happy for them.
But I'm so sad and to be completely honest (even though I should've been expecting it) quite shocked.
But I've always said I want them to tell us when they're ready to move on.
So many mixed emotions right now.
We've still got two more Arashi filled years together. I'm looking forward to it.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:07 pm

When I first opened facebook on my phone this morning, this was one of the first things that popped up on my news feed from the Arashi page I liked. I was quite shocked but yet relieved at the same time. Is that weird? More than anything, I want the best for the boys and it seems like they are always busy all the time and don't have a lot of time for themselves. So, I'm kind of happy for them that they have officially announced that they will be taking a break. It is a break, right? Just no one knows for how long. They might not even know. I am happy and yet sad at the same time. Many mixed emotions for me, too. I'm listening to music on full blast through my ear buds right now because I feel so much. I should be listening to Arashi music.

I'm going to really cherish these next two years of this amazing group of men who have given me so much happiness and joy since 2015.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:28 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:07 pm
So, I'm kind of happy for them that they have officially announced that they will be taking a break. It is a break, right? Just no one knows for how long.

I honestly don't think they are going to come back as a group. I mean, maybe some special events or so, but it feels like especially Ohno wants to leave the entertainment world. He said that the past few years the feeling of wanting to "live freely" has grown stronger and stronger.

They have talked about taking a break and not disbanding, but I have a feeling that once Ohno gets to do whatever he wants he may not want to leave that life. But, we still have two wonderful years ahead so let's enjoy and support the group and every member :)
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:41 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:28 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:07 pm
So, I'm kind of happy for them that they have officially announced that they will be taking a break. It is a break, right? Just no one knows for how long.

I honestly don't think they are going to come back as a group. I mean, maybe some special events or so, but it feels like especially Ohno wants to leave the entertainment world. He said that the past few years the feeling of wanting to "live freely" has grown stronger and stronger.
This is the feeling I got from it, too. They're saying it's a break, but it feels much more final than that.
But Jun did say 「解散ではありません」Which means "We are not breaking up/This is not our dissolution"
And I agree with Haru. I feel like Ohno will take some time and then realize he misses either performing or the hustle and bustle of it all or maybe he'll start to miss being with the others... Or maybe not. It could go either way.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:51 pm

Now I really, really hope they perform at the olympic games. ^_^

I really don't know what to make of all this, and since SMAP retired, Arashi can do that too. I think they can be in a long hiatus or they can disband. Or maybe this hiatus is kind of a test to see if they want to get back or not. Or maybe it's to give fans hope of them returning, I really don't know. Another of my favorite Japanese bands also went on hiatus and they came back, so I'll just be realistic, because it can go either way. But maybe they could do special performances like Haru said.

I think this totally has to do with Ohno, it's not exactly a secret he wanted to leave in the past, he even said so in the Blast in Hawaii documentary. That was a shock for me, I never thought he would admit it.

But anyway, what I wish is for them to enjoy a normal life, whether they disband or not, or whether they leave the entertainment world or not. It's their decision and I respect that. I wish them the best. They've made us happy, the least we can do is wish that they are happy too, right? :)

Around here, fans are throwing tantrums and going into crazy fits. They're so dumb. :tired: I thinks we as fans should respect their decision.

If they continue acting, that would be awesome. We could still see them on doramas and I won't say no to that. Even if not Ohno, but I won't say no to awesome Nino acting. Or Jun, 'cause I'm biased and I like his doramas.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:11 pm

Nightshadow wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:51 pm
Around here, fans are throwing tantrums and going into crazy fits. They're so dumb. :tired: I thinks we as fans should respect their decision.

...Why are they doing that?
Sure, it was a sudden announcement but we're getting at least two more years. And as said, it's not like all the members are going to disappear. For now it's mainly about Ohno wanting to take a break. Arashi members have worked hard in the entertainment industry since they were kids, they do deserve a break. Besides, it's only natural to want to have a change in one's career or life.

I have seen many of my favourite groups go on a long hiatus or disband (Take That, Pierrot, DBSK...), but I never I felt it was unfair or got mad. Arashi especially has pondered this for several years! I just can't understand immature behaviour...
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 am

I know Sho, Nino and Aiba won't stop their shows because they have nothing to do with Arashi. Plus, they won't stop acting, right? Jun most of all. He loves theater and I'm sure he loves acting, so he won't leave that. Maybe he'll start a show of his own. Maybe some of them will do solo music projects. Who knows? We still have two more years with these lovely men, so I'm gonna cherish it as much as possible.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:55 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:11 pm
...Why are they doing that?
Sure, it was a sudden announcement but we're getting at least two more years.
'Cause they're childish and stupid. Like, really. A lot of the fanbase in my country are kind of mediocre wotas, and I've heard them saying really dumb things, like if they don't get concert tickets, life won't be worthy anymore. :o Like, wth. One of the reasons I love this community is that we are more mature than that. :) Anyway, it makes me curious as to how fans are reacting to this, because December 2020 is still a long time away, but some people are really immature.

I also don't think it's unfair, but even if it were, no one should judge them. We don't really know what goes on behind the idol personas. But even I, who doesn't follow their TV shows, can imagine it must be really exhausting to do all the things they do. They do deserve a break if they want it.

I started liking An Cafe like a few months before they went on hiatus and even then I didn't throw a fit. And they came back and then they gave a concert in my city! So, anything can happen with Arashi. Some people really need to grow up.

Dunno if they'll think about doing solo music projects, but if they do, why not listen to their new music? ^_^ At least I'd give it a try and see if I like it.
ChibaDesu
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by ChibaDesu » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:11 am

May I disagree?. Thinking the same (this comm is so mature fans) I would like to give my two cents here. I'm not used to write my way of thinking because many fans already told me (in a very harsh way) I'm not truly a fan. But I give a try. :thumbsup:
For me isn't sudden at all. After the NHK documentary I thought Ohno might be tired. Not of Arashi itself but about the entertainment industry. Year after year they said Arashi will end someday. No one of us wanted the end of Arashi but things inevitably ends :( . And 2 years before is too much I would prefer less time because means less speculations and less money making from the agency. Maybe all idea of ​​the "hiatus" came after so many stupid comments in Arashi fandom and they tried to be creative in the way that this does not sound like a total tragedy, just in case some crazy fan wants to commit suicide and blame an idol. >:(
In some point I don't think they comeback as Arashi. I mean It isn't bad if they want to disband, I have to respect that. Until now, only KATTUN come back after the hiatus and with one member less. Ohno didn't want too much exposure, I think if he thinks the work is being tied when he tries live freely I don't think he would be back. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. :x
I the other hand, about the other 4 I don't think they have 40 and deserve a place in the retirement house. I wish they live the life they want and if they want to continue they can have work offers. :|
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:03 pm

ChibaDesu wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:11 am
May I disagree?. Thinking the same (this comm is so mature fans) I would like to give my two cents here. I'm not used to write my way of thinking because many fans already told me (in a very harsh way) I'm not truly a fan. But I give a try. :thumbsup:
For me isn't sudden at all. After the NHK documentary I thought Ohno might be tired. Not of Arashi itself but about the entertainment industry. Year after year they said Arashi will end someday. No one of us wanted the end of Arashi but things inevitably ends :( . And 2 years before is too much I would prefer less time because means less speculations and less money making from the agency. Maybe all idea of ​​the "hiatus" came after so many stupid comments in Arashi fandom and they tried to be creative in the way that this does not sound like a total tragedy, just in case some crazy fan wants to commit suicide and blame an idol. >:(
In some point I don't think they comeback as Arashi. I mean It isn't bad if they want to disband, I have to respect that. Until now, only KATTUN come back after the hiatus and with one member less. Ohno didn't want too much exposure, I think if he thinks the work is being tied when he tries live freely I don't think he would be back. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. :x
I the other hand, about the other 4 I don't think they have 40 and deserve a place in the retirement house. I wish they live the life they want and if they want to continue they can have work offers. :|
True. All true. Ohno said during the press conference that he's had thoughts about this since their 15th anniversary, and he even talked about quitting during the Hawaii documentary. I guess nobody took him seriously, and perhaps he didn't either. I guess we thought it was a feeling or a thought that would pass, and maybe he did, too. Yet, he admitted that the same thought kept popping up over and over for years until he finally talked about it with the other members. Ohno said over and over that he wasn't tired during the press conference, just that he wanted to try something different. That was my take on it.

Also Arashi may not come back as Arashi, even though Jun and Sho have said they would. Even if Ohno decides to come back with the band they might not be the same men as they were before the hiatus. They could be different people. Ohno could be different.

I think it's a good thing that they are taking this hiatus while they are still so strong and popular as a band. It would be tragic if they flopped and decided to break up right there, or if they're sales or concerts didn't do as well and they slowly dwindled until they faded away. It's like that saying. "Quit while you're ahead," even though they aren't quitting. My dad was a pastor and he preached at a church for 10 years before he said he felt God telling him to move on, and it wasn't because things weren't working out. That church was doing extremely well in terms of numbers, leadership, and spirituality. It's better to leave something when it's at it's pinnacle I guess.
LateArashifan
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by LateArashifan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:25 am

I am happy for them (especially Ohno) to have a break, even if it turns into more than a break. My heart has felt heavy that they don't have time to be themselves really, or find a partner, do everything in life that the rest of us get the opportunity to do. It's been fairly obvious that Ohno is just 'done' with everything and is probably close to being burnt out. I can't imagine having to do the same thing for 20 years without a proper break. So yeah, I am sad that their combined TV shows won't go on, and we won't get the yearly song releases, but I am super happy for them to explore other things.
I hope they come back together, but if they don't, it's been an awesome run and I am thankful for the joy and happiness they have brought me.
Dyani
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Dyani » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:04 pm

I only found out about this yesterday while attempting to watch this week's VSA - I got to about half a minute mark, and paused the video to find out what's up. Have been processing the news ever since and still haven't finished that episode lol. I understand their decision and think they handled it perfectly. I'm glad it wasn't caused by anything bad or a "scandal" (can't imagine them doing anything that could be called that but sometimes people use this term very broadly). The fact they're giving their fans two years to cope is wonderful, especially considering Ohno wanted a break for years, and the upcoming months may be some of their busiest. That being said, I can't help but feeling a little torn and sad, as Arashi has been a part of my life for over 11 years now. I will miss watching their shows and new releases, I kind of hope not all of them will drop music entirely, although probably the chances are slim. Either way, let's all enjoy the upcoming two years and I wish all the best for them, as always :)
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:50 pm

I love how mature everyone here is :) No unnecessary drama.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:29 pm

^This. I am so happy with the way we're reacting here.

I've been hoping that we get a super awesome last album. That they go out with a blast, that would be awesome on many levels. ^_^

Chiba: I am so sorry stupid fans have treated you like that, and I can relate. But here, we're not like that, pinky promise. I've also been told that since I don't watch every single TV show, even without subs and not knowing Japanese, then I'm not a fan. Or if we haven't been fans since blablabla year. We know if we're fans, they don't. I'm even a strange case because the #1 thing I like about Arashi is the music, and people put another thing on 1st place. We are all different kinds of fans.

pk: I'm surprised particularly about Sho saying he would come back. After the Hawaii documentary I kind of thought he was the one who would be up for leaving after Ohno. Of Jun, I think he is the #1 Arashi fan, so I'm not surprised about him saying he'd return.

I also hope no crazy wota fans make this bad for them, that would be horrible. Dx

Dyani: I went to college the other day listening to Arashi, but on the return trip I just couldn't listen to any more Arashi music. Maybe we're getting bittersweet feelings, even if we respect their decision.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:30 am

iheartaiba wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:50 pm
I love how mature everyone here is :) No unnecessary drama.
Well, isn't it kind of in the rules to...not do that? Just sayin'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Will their 5x20 be their last album? Probably not. I know they are still trying to make music despite everything else.

Nightshadow I can see Sho doing some more traveling like he did over the weekend. Travel to another country just to see a concert. Even though he could have seen it in Japan. On the other hand, he probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much and it definitely caught a lot of people off guard seeing him at the airport. I looooove those pics! :heart: :heart:
JudasFm
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by JudasFm » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:17 am

Yeah, it was announced here in Japan on TV, and that week's VS. Arashi featured a special message before the show started.

I hope making a post like this is okay (I couldn't find anything in the rules to say it wasn't, and it's from Johnny's web, which is about as official a source as it gets). Anyway, you probably all found this already, but for anyone who doesn't have access to Johnny's web (not sure if overseas people can read it) I thought I'd share the members' comments and Jun's response to the fan reactions, copied word-for-word from his official blog, "Enjoy":

vol.169

It's been cold every day. You haven't come down with a cold, have you??

About the announcement we made the other day.
Once again, I'm terribly sorry for the sudden announcement that I'm sure was shocking for all of you.
It's been a few days since then, but I'm sure some of you are still unsure of what to make of things, or feeling unsettled and various other emotions right now.

We knew we had to tell you about it sometime...The concerts are still ongoing, too, so we wanted to get the announcement out of the way and spend as much fun time with all of you as possible afterward. I hope you'll understand that that's the reason we chose this timing for the announcement.

On the 27th, we made the announcement through our comments and video on the official site, then held a press conference.
At this point, we've tried to share everything with all of you, without hiding anything at all.
We also hope to continue announcing any new developments ourselves, speaking directly to you. That's how we feel.

Thanks to the reporting from lots of different media agencies, our words were able to reach all of the fans promptly, and I'm truly grateful for that.

Moving forward, you may have the opportunity to hear the speculations and feelings of others related to this announcement, completely separate from the message we've shared directly.

Let me repeat myself.

Whenever there is anything important to tell all of you moving forward, we will make an announcement and speak to you directly.

Incidentally, as I stated at the press conference, I have thought about ending ARASHI before. However, I've never tried to separate myself and become a solo performer rather than part of a group, and I've never taken any actions to try to achieve that. (^^)
And I'm sure I'll feel the same way about that until 2020. LOLOL

I believe there will also be some speculation and subjective articles by some media agencies. They're free to write and report as they see fit, and it's their job to do so as well, so I have no problem with it.

However, I want to be sincere and forthcoming with all of you.

So I hope you'll continue to follow and believe in us.

I hope we can all enjoy ourselves together until 2020.

That's my most heartfelt desire.

Yesterday, we did recording for "ARASHI ni Shiyagare."

Since we were unable to inform the program staff beforehand, I think a lot of them were quite shocked.
We told them we'll continue to enjoy the show together just like always.

There were even some people who were worried and came to the studio in person. I'm so grateful for their concern.

Also, we talked to the fans participating in the filming before we got started, and I could tell by their faces that they were experiencing a variety of emotions.

I think it will take some time.
More time the stronger your feelings are.

However, please continue to keep your eyes on us from here on out.
We'll make sure you don't regret it.

Someday, I hope you'll be able to understand how we feel.

Also, I want to make sure we can all look back on this time and realize it was the right choice.

This weekend, the five of us will be appearing on "Music Station."

I hope yo'll continue to watch and see all of us performing as ARASHI just like always.

This has gotten quite long, so I'll end today's post here.

In closing, all of the filming for the NHK TV drama finished up the other day!
I was finally able to cut my hair.
I hope you'll keep an eye out for me and see for yourself. LOL

See you later!

I recorded that episode of Shiyagare and they did make a mini-announcement before it started, mostly apologizing for the suddenness of their previous announcement. Nothing was said about the band going on hiatus though, so I guess they figured people already knew. (To be fair, the initial announcement was pretty widespread on Japanese TV!)

The agency also made a separate announcement on the fan page. Most of it was going over what's already been said, but there were a few key points and comments from all the members:

It was the thoughts of one of the members, Ohno, that ultimately led to the decision to "suspend activities as ARASHI." "2020 would be a good place for us to leave things as ARASHI for the time being, to each go down our own paths." Considering those ideas by Ohno, countless discussions have taken place with all members of the group, individually, and with the company since around June 2017. They have shared with each other their true feelings, and, while clashing at times, struggled as they arrived at the decision that "ARASHI will go on hiatus for the time being and each of the members will go on to lead their own lives." Throughout everything that happened until arriving at this decision, all five members shared one common and unwavering belief, and that is, "The only way ARASHI would remain active is with all five members together."

Ohno Satoshi
"In mid-June of 2017, I gathered the other four members and shared what I felt and my thoughts.
As for what I said, I said I wanted to end my activities as a member of ARASHI in 2020.

That ARASHI's 20th anniversary and 2020 would be a good place for us to leave things as ARASHI and for the five of us to each go down own paths.
I'm also well aware that this was selfish of me, but I also expressed my desire to try living my life freely for once without being tied down by anything.

After that, I continued to have countless discussions with each of the members one-on-one.
After countless discussions as a group of five, the decision was reached that ARASHI will go on hiatus in 2020.

Each of the members have their own thoughts on this, and I will shoulder those thoughts as we keep on sprinting forward all the way through until the end of 2020.

I know this is sudden.
To all parties concerned who have continued to provide us with support, and most importantly, each of you, our fans, who have continued without fail to support ARASHI, I am truly sorry.

I am filled with such profound feelings of gratitude that I cannot express them in words. Thank you so very much.

With the remainder of our time until the end of 2020, I hope to properly carry out my duties to the best of my ability."

Sakurai Sho
"Discussion began in June of 2017.
The members talked individually to each other and the five of us discussed as a group countless times.

Around June of 2018...

the thoughts and feelings of the members I love so dearly, whom I've been together with for over twenty years...
With the many thoughts and feelings that differed slightly from each other, we managed to bring it all together and arrive at our decision.

I want ARASHI to keep being ARASHI until the end.
I want to keep ARASHI locked away in a treasure chest.

That's how I feel right now.

Back when we debuted as ARASHI in 1999, I never would've even imagined it.
I never would have imagined that there would be countless fans, people involved, and staff members at our side. And who continue to remain at our side.

Thanks to these people, I've been able to live out a countless number of my dreams.
They've taken me to places where I've been able to see countless sights.

Thank you.

These overflowing feelings of gratitude which can not be expressed with words alone are what I hope to be able to convey to all of you with our time from now on."

Aiba Masaki
"I felt it would be difficult to remain active as a group while calling ourselves ARASHI when we're missing one or two members, and this is precisely because of the strong belief that it's the five of us that make ARASHI.

I love ARASHI.
I can do anything for ARASHI.

It's taken me time to sort out my feelings, but I've come to terms with it now!
It's absolutely not like we had a falling-out.
Entering our twentieth year, the trust that we share and the bonds between us have grown even stronger.

I'm truly grateful I got to know these four people.

To each of you who has supported ARASHI until now, thank you so much.

I'll do my best so that when the five of us resume activities again as a group, we'll be able to give all of you a performance that'll bring you joy!"

Ninomiya Kazunari
"I was very surprised when I first heard about it. I haven't even imagined anything like it, after all. However, after talking it over countless times since then, we have decided to suspend our activities out of respect for the opinions that each of us has.

The five of us are what make ARASHI ARASHI.

The five of us will do our best so that ARASHI can continue to be ARASHI until the very end of 2020.

To all concerned parties, we'll continue to be in need of your assistance!

And to each of you, our fans...

We will always be ARASHI."

Matsumoto Jun
"We've had multiple discussions and this is the decision that we've come to.

The five of us will continue sprinting forward until the end of 2020.
Also, I hope to do my best each and every day so that we can continue to make fun memories with all of you, our fans, until the very end.
That's how I feel.

As for why this announcement was made at this time, it is because we felt that it would take time for our fans who support us and the relevant parties what we work with to come to understand our decision.
And that is why the announcement was made now.
I hope to talk about it properly again and for us to be optimistic each day as we go about our lives.

Including this year that's the year of our 20th anniversary, I hope we'll be able to tell each of our fans how grateful we are for all the support that you've shown us until now.
I hope that's the kind of year it will be.

The five of us will continue sprinting forward together and I hope you'll be willing to come along with us."

-

So, reading between the lines, my take on all this is:

Arashi and the Jimusho know exactly how long the hiatus is going to last, but won't tell the fans because "Arashi is taking a 1-year hiatus" will be turned into "Arashi will definitely reform in one year" and they'll be committed to reforming whether they want to or not.

That said, I think the hiatus will be around 1 year; any less than that and someone in the media is going to claim it was just a publicity stunt. Any more, and most of the fans will start to cool off a little. At the end of this time, there'll be more meetings and discussions to talk about whether to make the hiatus permanent (ie, formally break up) or reform, perhaps with an easier schedule, ie, bring back VS Arashi but not Arashi ni Shiyagare. Talks will probably start a little earlier; that way, if they do reform, the agency can stage a big comeback in that year's Kouhaku ;)

However it turns out, I'm happy for them. I think they've all earned a rest; they've spent more than half their lives in Arashi, after all. I hope their individual shows continue though, and I really hope they stay in touch with each other :)